Sunday, May 3, 2009

a girl's world

when i was a kid..watching movies with a chivalrous strong hero and perfectly beautiful heroines sounded just like the fairy tales that i used to read..where the hero..ie the charming prince would ride on the horse..rescue the princess from the evil..and then they lived happily ever after...as a teenager when i would come across moments of heart-break..i would tell myself that he is not the prince..he is not what the movies and fairytale prince were potraited as..or i would end up thinking that may be god is testing me.all the princesses had to face hardships..like snow white had to eat the poisoned apple..like rapunzel's braided hair was cut short..like cinderella had to work as a slave before she could be forever with the prince..
my mom keeps on telling me that all these are illusions..and illusions are pleasant in the begining..but its different from reality..life is not a fairytale..but i don't why..even if i have crossed my teen..i believe in fairytales..i believe in the romantic portrait of the prince..and i believe that out there in the modern world..there are man who are exactly like the fairtale prince..who can shower unconditional love..
recently i have started watching a lot of movies and would like to share few things that touched my heart.


Adam Sandler in 50 first dates
how he keeps on trying new things every morning..every day hoping that one day she will retain her memories and will fall in love with him the way he has..the endless things he does..just to see that one smile on her face..regardless of knowing the truth that..that won't ever happen..he still was on her side..loving her more and more..omg..
i love the song he sings after they make out for the first time-

"The Hukilau was the place
Where I first saw your face
We liked each other right away
But you didn't remember me the very next day
Forgetful Lucy
Has got a nice caboosey

I used to trick you into pulling your car over so we could chat
But my favorite time was when you beat the shit out of Ula with a bat
Then we drove up to see Dr. Keats
And found out why Doug always has to change his sheets
Forgetful Lucy
Cracked her head like Gary Busey

But I still love her so
And I'll never let her go
Even if while I'm singing this song
She's wishing I had Jocko the walrus' schlong
Forgetful Lucy
Her lips are so damn juicy

How about another first kiss"

and the concept of "How about another first kiss"..my heart melts like the way butter melts on a toast..

Richard Gere in runaway bride
even after being rejected..he knew somewhere that what happend had a different angle and a different story..the way he looked into her eyes..the way he gave meaning to her existence..the way he proposed...
"I guarantee there'll be tough times. I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you're the only one for me."
love the way the dialouges were delivered..omg..

Richard Gere in shall we dance
i love the way richard asked her wife to dance with him in her working place..

the way richard confesses- "
The one thing I am proudest of my whole life, is that you were happy with me. If I couldn't, if couldn't tell that I was unhappy you sometimes, because I didn't want to risk hurting the one person I treasure most. I'm so sorry. "


the way her wife shares -"We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet... I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness'."

Shahid Kapoor in jab we met
the way he is there for her..and the friendship they share..the respect he gives..just touches my heart..

Ashton Kutcher in a lot like love
i love it when he sings the Bon Jovi song "i'll be there for you" right infront of her house..i think i love the idea of a man singing and proposing in front of the whole crowd..not to show off..but its like "you mean a lot to me..and i can do anything for you..even the craziest thing"

Ajay Devgan in u me aur hum
similar to 50 first dates

Owen Wilson in wedding crashers
i like the way Owen was sure that Rachel is the one he wants to be with in the future..a person he doesn't want to lose..i like these lines -"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. That's neither here nor there. Anyway, I saw this widow and she's a wreck. She has just lost the person she loved the most in this world and I realized we're all going to lose the people we love. That's the way it is, but not me. Not right now. Because the person *I* love the most is standing right here and I'm not ready to lose you yet. Claire, I'm not standing here asking you to marry me, I'm just asking you not to marry *him* and maybe take a walk, take a chance. "

Jake Perry in sweet home albama
Shane west in a walk to remember
etc........
i truly believe that my life is like a fairy tale...and i am happy the way it is....








1 comment: