Friday, July 22, 2011

love rains

I love when it rains. All I want to do is sit on the swing, with a book and hot cinnamon coffee in my hand. Rain drops, cool breeze, bright lush green all over.. spread a sense of freshness and crispiness in the air I breathe. I find myself surrounded by complete serenity. I think this is my favorite season of the year followed by winters. Monsoons always make me reflect about the cognitive, emotional and behavioral functioning of my mind. I love to introspect, discover, develop, mold and continue to learn more about my soul, the reason behind my existence and many other things.
So….today I read an article about women and their first million. I often felt that the glam world is full of people with sky-scraping bank balance, which is true but behind their success, one thing that lies common is “hard-work”. “There is no substitute for hard-work”- this is what my mom tells me every morning. But today when I read about them, I realized what it takes to be a millionaire and what it means to be a millionaire.
I had got myself a pair of branded floaters, from the money I earned, and I felt great. In a week some jerk picked it from my place. I cried a lot that day and decided that I will never shop again. After few months I started feeling that I can control my expenditures but I felt awful that I couldn’t buy anything even if I wanted to. And then I soon started walking on the route to self-pity as I felt that I was doing a very big favor and I am compromising a lot. I should be there shopping and taking advantage of the deceptive beneficial sales. Reading this article I realized that what I am doing is not a big deal. Every person on this earth has compromised something or the other to taste something better in life. Being content in what you are doing is completely fine and good, but this feeling should be felt after one has achieved something in life, may be 50’s might be the right time to follow such a thinking. I forgot I am young, I should be greedy of success and I should be greedy to excel in what I do, I should be greedy to learn more and more. These people spent 10-15 years of their life to make a million. May be I don’t need a million, May be I don’t want a million, but I do want to achieve few materialistic things in life…like buying a house from my money, travelling all around the world, eating good food. I don’t want to travel is first class, I don’t want to party all days of the week, I don’t want to wear a Prada or a Gucci! I am sure I m not dreaming of things that are not reachable. One of the women quoted in the article “Don’t run after money, RUN after WORK and money will soon run after you”, “Just know that you can do it and that conviction is enough”.
This article motivated me and showed me some light. I just hope that the light in me never fades.
Take care
Ciao!
Ruchi Trivedi

No comments:

Post a Comment